Contact us for a free quotation on your thatching requirements, for consumable pricelists, stock availablity and transportation requirements.
We Build Thatch Roofs
We Repair Thatch Roofs
We Maintain Thatch
Welcome to Thatch Roof SA
Thatch roofs dates back to the earliest of times. We at Casa Botani believe that we raised this traditional craft to a modern art form. Utilising the latest techniques employed in thatching, we present you with a thatch roof which is aesthetically pleasing, functional and durable. Our roofs are thatched according to SANS 10407:2006 specifications.
As a management member in 1999 of the Thatchers Association of South Africa (TASA) in conjunction with the CSIR, we assisted in setting up these specifications. These were then adopted as the National Standard for thatch roofs by the SABS.
If not for our obvious excellent quality of workmanship, what is it that makes us different from the rest? Maybe it is our impeccable standards and expertise which is evident in the work we do.
• Our materials are hand selected and of superior quality.
• Our wooden structures are sound, we only use SANS 457-3 approved, treated Eucalyptus poles & laths which are bolted together at all joints, and secured with nail plates on all pole ends.
• On all roof structures smaller than 100 square meters:
- Our rafters are spaced a maximum of 800 mm apart.
- Our laths are spaced 240 mm apart.
- Our rafters are a minimum of 100 mm in diameter.
• For larger structures, our structural engineers dictate roof designs, pole diameters, etc as required.
• Our thatch is installed in a 180 - 230 mm thick layer.
• One of our project managers is present at all times on project sites.
• Regular site visits by managerial members ensure projects are delivered on time and to our impeccable standards to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Our workmanship is always guaranteed.
Casa botani's skilled thatchers and carpenters are available to travel worldwide to thatch your dream house or commercial development. We will ensure your complete thatch project to be a pleasant no-nonsense experience. After all, you are our best advertising!
Casa Botani recently completed a project on the privately owned game farm of
Mr. James Murray. This included 2 large bomas, 3 chalets and a large home.
This project for Mr. Casper Breed included a 650 square meters (6 bedroom)
guesthouse as well as 6 chalets and a 180 sqm lapa.
(+27) 082 447 9028
50 Boekenhouts Kloof Drift
Directions with Google
Copyright © 2008 - 2014 Produksie.com. All rights reserved